any thoughts on Pistol Pete in Sandy UT ?

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

any thoughts on Pistol Pete in Sandy UT ?

Postby Karl » Thu 06 Oct 2016 1:15 pm

I am new to the Salt Lake area and I am considering going to Pistol Pete's in Sandy for CCW training.

Does anyone have any experience and feedback for me on this please?

Their website looks good and they are close to where I live.

Anything else that I need to know before going there?
Karl
Marksman

Re: any thoughts on Pistol Pete in Sandy UT ?

Postby Karl » Sun 01 Jan 2017 2:15 am

It's okay ... doesn't matter.

I went to Gun Vault instead.
Karl
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sun 01 Jan 2017 5:32 am

Karl wrote:It's okay ... doesn't matter.

I went to Gun Vault instead.

Sorry. Ever since the ownership change of this forum, it has been acting weird. Posts not showing up is one of those issues. I'm on here quite frequently, as in many times a day depending on how much time I have. I don't remember ever seeing this post. I haven't heard of Pistol Pete's either.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 01 Jan 2017 9:20 am

I missed this post as well. There was a period of time that, under the new ownership, new posts weren't percolating up to the top of the active topics list and so got missed. I've a feeling this was one of them.

We were all hoping the new owners were going to step up to the plate and actually actively manage the site and interact with it's members, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Hence, the participation level is dwindling. That's sad to see.

Gun Vault's a good place to go. I've never used Pistol Pete's so would be curious what others' experiences have been.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Tue 03 Jan 2017 12:44 pm

The Gun Vault is great. So it The Armory and TNT. All have a scenario simulaiton setup as well but TNT is a 300 of 360 degree shoot room so you really have to look around you. Good training options there.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Karl » Tue 15 Aug 2017 11:22 am

D-FIN wrote:The Gun Vault is great. So it The Armory and TNT. All have a scenario simulaiton setup as well but TNT is a 300 of 360 degree shoot room so you really have to look around you. Good training options there.

I finally settled on Gun Vault in South Jordan.

They were the ones with the earliest available LTC class, which I took. Got my LTC in the mail about 6 weeks later.

That's also where I now regularly practice shooting and buy my ammo.

Great indoor range !!
Karl
Marksman

Return to Training Center