Utah Guns Forum banner

Who knows a really good tactical pistol instructor?

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  moyler 
#1 ·
I normally take a refresher course in tactical pistol twice each year.

Now that I have moved here to Utah I don't know any instructors locally yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I prefer current or former LEO's (either Fed's or locals) who taught at one of their training academies.

Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
For one-on-one tactical and defensive training I use Jeff Young. He's on FaceBook so you can look him up. He usually operates out of the WSA range in Kayesville but is flexible. He is very, very well qualified. His prices are reasonable and his training top notch.

#4 ·
Snurd said:
jfwright1955 said:
For one-on-one tactical and defensive training I use Jeff Young. He's on FaceBook so you can look him up. He usually operates out of the WSA range in Kayesville but is flexible. He is very, very well qualified. His prices are reasonable and his training top notch.
Is this the company?

http://www.utahtacticalcoaching.com/index.html
Sent from iSnurd
That's the one. Thanks for posting Jeff's website link. :thumbsup: I was remiss in not including it. :(

#5 ·
I was wondering if there is any instructor who teaches group tactical classes.

Learning in a group is critical because the instructor puts performance stress on you in front of the others while they watch you.

This stress is a mild form of the stress you would be under in an actual situation.

Part of the goal is to experience how to perform under stress.

When everybody else is watching you that is quite stressful.

#6 ·
Karl said:
I was wondering if there is any instructor who teaches group tactical classes.

Learning in a group is critical because the instructor puts performance stress on you in front of the others while they watch you.

This stress is a mild form of the stress you would be under in an actual situation.

Part of the goal is to experience how to perform under stress.

When everybody else is watching you that is quite stressful.
In that case give Mark and Brant (Real World PDS or Taylor Gunsmithing) a look. That's exactly the classes they teach usually including 10-12 students. Excellent point about learning as a group. Nothing like watching and learning as someone else runs a routine and discussing collectively as a group.

#8 ·
Roach said:
I post a hearty 2nd to what John said. I've taken classes from each and all of those guys and it is A+

:thumbsup:
Well, look who's back! Welcome, my friend. Great to see a posting from you. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Roach said:
Hello John and Geoff. I really missed last season, and I hope you guys will let me back in!

See you soon,

Bill
OMH!! I had to look twice. Yes, it is Wild Bill!

Bill: To get back in, you will have to re-do the initiation. You survived once, so we are pulling for you :lol2: First class is late March!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.