My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby RustyShackleford » Tue 21 Aug 2012 11:46 am

Well you will be surprised at what I decided on and why:
After considering the .40 over the 9mm with the M&P Shield....Really what I was looking for was a very small, very concealable, light, thin handgun no matter what the weather or what I'm wearing. One I can carry while working, (or yes, even on Sunday). I found the Shield was just too large for my needs (actually I didn't find any M&P Shields in St. George...only long waiting lists). I actually pulled the trigger and bought a Ruger LCP-CT yesterday. My wife thinks it's cute....but I'm still comfortable with my manhood...a .380 is not like I went out and adopted a poodle for goodness sakes....is it? :crown:
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
User avatar
RustyShackleford
Sniper
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Wed 26 Aug 2009 8:55 am
Location: St. George UT

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby gongo » Tue 21 Aug 2012 12:13 pm

RustyShackleford wrote:My wife thinks it's cute....but I'm still comfortable with my manhood...a .380 is not like I went out and adopted a poodle for goodness sakes....is it? :crown:


Hahaha, there is absolutely nothing wrong with .380 Auto. Congrats on the purchase!
Is the "-CT" designation for a laser?
gongo
Marksman
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu 31 Mar 2011 7:32 pm

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby RustyShackleford » Wed 22 Aug 2012 7:55 pm

gongo wrote:
RustyShackleford wrote:My wife thinks it's cute....but I'm still comfortable with my manhood...a .380 is not like I went out and adopted a poodle for goodness sakes....is it? :crown:


Hahaha, there is absolutely nothing wrong with .380 Auto. Congrats on the purchase!
Is the "-CT" designation for a laser?

Yes, Stands for "Crimson Trace" the laser is great for me, Glad I spent the extra money. the gun has limited sights and my old eyes don't focus very well with open iron sights. Peep sights are fine (rifle)... sucks getting old.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
User avatar
RustyShackleford
Sniper
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Wed 26 Aug 2009 8:55 am
Location: St. George UT

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby Snurd » Tue 28 Aug 2012 12:43 pm

RustyShackleford wrote:but I'm still comfortable with my manhood...a .380 is not like I went out and adopted a poodle for goodness sakes....is it? :crown:

More like a Toy Poodle. :D

I wanna get my hands on a Shield one of these days and see how it feels. If it is a great little gun, I may get one as a work carry gun. The 6.5lb trigger seems like it would be a bit stiff for an auto though. Especially being so small.


(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby Snowman » Tue 28 Aug 2012 4:07 pm

Snurd wrote:
RustyShackleford wrote:but I'm still comfortable with my manhood...a .380 is not like I went out and adopted a poodle for goodness sakes....is it? :crown:

More like a Toy Poodle. :D

I wanna get my hands on a Shield one of these days and see how it feels. If it is a great little gun, I may get one as a work carry gun. The 6.5lb trigger seems like it would be a bit stiff for an auto though. Especially being so small.


(Sent from iSnurd)

Yes. Poodle. :wink:

Here's a kit to bring the trigger down to 5lbs.
https://apextactical.com/store/product- ... pid65.html
Springfield 1911 black loaded target. 460 Rowland.
M&P 40 Pro.
RSO.
To be voluntarily disarmed is to rely on the honor of the dishonorable.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
Snowman
Sniper
 
Posts: 1411
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 9:28 am
Location: Ogden valley.

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby Snurd » Tue 28 Aug 2012 4:13 pm

$90 for a tigger kit? Owie. You could almost buy another gun for that price.


(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby Snowman » Tue 28 Aug 2012 5:17 pm

Snurd wrote:$90 for a tigger kit? Owie. You could almost buy another gun for that price.


(Sent from iSnurd)

Mmm... a hi point Jimenez Jennings... or a better trigger... mmm... you did say almost. Hahaha.
Springfield 1911 black loaded target. 460 Rowland.
M&P 40 Pro.
RSO.
To be voluntarily disarmed is to rely on the honor of the dishonorable.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
Snowman
Sniper
 
Posts: 1411
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 9:28 am
Location: Ogden valley.

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby Snurd » Tue 28 Aug 2012 5:30 pm

Why you gotta use all those naughty words. How did the word filter not catch all that? Jimenahoozie? Jenningawhatie?


(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: My Review of the S&W M&P Shield

Postby aaron » Wed 20 May 2015 5:18 pm

I just bought my Shield for my edc. I am definitely satisfied. :thumbsup:
Any recommendations for a good awib holster?
User avatar
aaron
Novice
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed 20 May 2015 4:45 pm

Previous

Return to Firearms Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest