S&W M&P 9mm

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

S&W M&P 9mm

Postby Durdenz » Fri 10 Oct 2014 8:34 pm

It's kinda scary how much I like this gun. I find myself clearing it and aiming at everything in my house constantly. I'm at the range every chance I get. I've run 500 rounds through it so far. It eats everything i've thrown at, slow and steady and rapid fire, it doesn't make a difference. PMC, federal american eagle, federal HST, hornady critical defense, even a few lead reloads. Not a single malfunction. This pistol just fits me so well. Like always with me I can't have something without putting my own stamp on it and making it mine. This is just the start.

I color filled white on the mags and the side of the slide. Photo makes the S&W look like a blob. It has really good detail in person. When I get it cerakoted to match the frame i'll redo the color fill on the slide in black.

In America we may reasonably hope that the people will never cease to regard the right of keeping and bearing arms as the surest pledge of their liberty"St George Tucker
Durdenz
Marksman

Re: S&W M&P 9mm

Postby Snurd » Fri 10 Oct 2014 9:16 pm

Looks good. :thumbsup: I've shot the compact version, but not the full size.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby JoeRandall » Fri 10 Oct 2014 9:21 pm

I owned the 40 compact. Didn't really like it. Bought the 9mm conversion barrel liked it more. Shot a few 9mm pros and loved them. But sold my compact to buy another gun. I like the look of the two tone and the color fill looks good also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intermountain Firearm Training
Utah Concealed Firearms Instructor
Utah Hunter Education Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Recruiter
JoeRandall
Marksman

Postby J_dazzle23 » Fri 10 Oct 2014 9:28 pm

Durdenz wrote:It's kinda scary how much I like this gun. I find myself clearing it and aiming at everything in my house constantly. I'm at the range every chance I get. I've run 500 rounds through it so far. It eats everything i've thrown at, slow and steady and rapid fire, it doesn't make a difference. PMC, federal american eagle, federal HST, hornady critical defense, even a few lead reloads. Not a single malfunction. This pistol just fits me so well. Like always with me I can't have something without putting my own stamp on it and making it mine. This is just the start.

I color filled white on the mags and the side of the slide. Photo makes the S&W look like a blob. It has really good detail in person. When I get it cerakoted to match the frame i'll redo the color fill on the slide in black.

Ahhhh! That is SICK. Does that one have those awesome double truglo sights on it?

Drool.

also, where are you getting federal hst!!!!
J_dazzle23
Marksman

Postby Durdenz » Fri 10 Oct 2014 10:00 pm

J_dazzle23 wrote:Ahhhh! That is SICK. Does that one have those awesome double truglo sights on it?

Drool.

Fingernail polish works really well and wont come off from gun solvents. Felt kinda weird asking my wife to pick up some for me though.

Nope not the Vtac just the two tone full size. Plans for it are slide milled for tijicon RMR, suppresor sights, more serrations, stipple grip and frame, then cerakote.

It's 147gr +p HST btw. I had to buy it by the case. Some family and friends all went in on it and we all got a couple boxes.
In America we may reasonably hope that the people will never cease to regard the right of keeping and bearing arms as the surest pledge of their liberty"St George Tucker
Durdenz
Marksman

Postby J_dazzle23 » Fri 10 Oct 2014 10:01 pm

Durdenz wrote:
J_dazzle23 wrote:Ahhhh! That is SICK. Does that one have those awesome double truglo sights on it?

Drool.

Fingernail polish works really well and wont come off from gun solvents. Felt kinda weird asking my wife to pick up some for me though.

Nope not the Vtac just the two tone full size. Plans for it are slide milled for tijicon RMR, suppresor sights, more serrations, stipple grip and frame, then cerakote.

It's 147gr +p HST btw. I had to buy it by the case. Some family and friends all went in on it and we all got a couple boxes.

Sweet. I love that firearm. Looks awesome.

Some people don't like the triggers but I find my sheild trigger is just fine.
J_dazzle23
Marksman

Postby Durdenz » Fri 10 Oct 2014 10:12 pm

J_dazzle23 wrote:
Durdenz wrote:

Drool.

Sweet. I love that firearm. Looks awesome.

Some people don't like the triggers but I find my sheild trigger is just fine.

I don't mind the 2 part trigger. This is the newer version of the trigger and it's much better than the first on they put out. But it still needs some work. It's after all the slack has been taken up and you are pulling that I feel a little grit. I'd like a little less over travel and a stronger feel on the reset. I'll probably toss an apex trigger in it eventually and get it down to about 4.5-5lbs of pull.
Durdenz
Marksman

Return to Firearms Reviews