Xdm 9mm 4.5, Suppressor ready

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Xdm 9mm 4.5, Suppressor ready

Postby Snurd » Thu 11 Jun 2015 8:24 pm

I ordered this from Tooele Shooting Supply on Monday morning. Well, I actually ordered it through TSSWarehouse.com, which is part of the same company. If you order from the Warehouse, it takes a few days to get to the store. When I bought it, the gun was $576 or so, plus tax. Discount Guns 2 put an ad on UGE yesterday, if I remember correctly, and it was $93 more that what TSS had it for. :shock: This morning (Thursday) they called me and said that the gun was in. I moseyed out there to pick it up. I was quite excited. I've been shooting with a suppressor for a number of months now, but have never been able to see my sights above the suppressor. We bought this gun to fix that.

It comes with suppressor height 3 dot steel sights and a threaded barrel. You can buy it in either .45 Auto or 9mm. The .45 version is all black, and the 9mm has a black slide and FDE frame. The 9mm comes with three 19 round magazines, mag carrier, holster, different sized back straps, and a hard case.

You can get the specs here.

I got it home and cleaned and lubed it with Slipstream. I have to say that this gun is pretty smooth. It is new, so I'm sure it will get smoother after shooting it more and more, but it is already pretty nice. The trigger is really smooth and supple. I like how the trigger safety sits flush with the trigger when it's pulled. I really wish Glock would do that. The grip is a nice size, and is quite comfortable.

A couple of my friends and I took it to the range and put a few rounds through it. By a few, I mean almost three boxes. It's a great shooter. :dancing: Very accurate, and the recoil is easily managed. We were shooting at 20 feet and the sights were dead on at that range. The fun thing? Putting the suppressor on it and being able to see the sights. :dancing: :dancing: It shot right on with the suppressor. It's pretty awesome to shoot so quietly, and even better that the gun comes set up to do it right out of the box.

I've been a big fan of the XDS, and carry that quite often. Daily in fact. This is a great addition to the family. If you have a chance, try out an XDm and see what you think. This really is a fantastic gun. We only had one failure, but that was because we were teaching a friend of ours that has never shot a gun before, and he limp wristed it. No biggie. I let him know what happened, and there wasn't an issue after that.
Last edited by Snurd on Fri 12 Jun 2015 5:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Snurd
Posse

Re: Xdm 9mm 4.5, Suppressor ready

Postby Snurd » Thu 11 Jun 2015 8:25 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434079545.989822.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434079545.989822.jpg (103.45 KiB) Viewed 7278 times

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434079536.906033.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434079536.906033.jpg (98.97 KiB) Viewed 7278 times

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434079521.890673.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434079521.890673.jpg (107.85 KiB) Viewed 7278 times

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby SirGentleman » Thu 11 Jun 2015 9:40 pm

Oooooooooh! Pretty!
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams
SirGentleman
Marksman

Postby J_dazzle23 » Thu 11 Jun 2015 11:07 pm

Me likey. Fde...drool
J_dazzle23
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Fri 12 Jun 2015 7:38 am

It's a great little gun. Well worth the bucks. We will most likely take it out again soon so Mrs. Snurd can try it out.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby SirGentleman » Fri 12 Jun 2015 8:04 am

Snurd wrote:It's a great little gun. Well worth the bucks. We will most likely take it out again soon so Mrs. Snurd can try it out.

Sent from iSnurd

Can we see some video action of this? From you and Mrs. Snurd?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams
SirGentleman
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Fri 12 Jun 2015 8:07 am

SirGentleman wrote:
Snurd wrote:It's a great little gun. Well worth the bucks. We will most likely take it out again soon so Mrs. Snurd can try it out.

Sent from iSnurd

Can we see some video action of this? From you and Mrs. Snurd?

Sure. If I remember I'll do that tomorrow.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby gj_1980uk » Fri 12 Jun 2015 1:01 pm

I love my XDm. So accurate and easy to use. So glad I decided not to sell it when I moved to California. Instead, I just butchered it so it only holds 10 rounds :disgusted: :crying:
gj_1980uk
Novice

Postby Snurd » Sat 13 Jun 2015 1:01 pm

SirGentleman wrote:Can we see some video action of this? From you and Mrs. Snurd?

Here ya go. I'll say that you cannot tell how big a difference the sound is between regular shooting and suppressed shooting through a video. We went to Doug's which is indoors, and it makes it even harder to tell because it's so loud in there. There is a huge difference in sound between regular fire and suppressed fire.

Unsuppressed

Suppressed First 5 shots are supersonic loads, and the second 5 are subsonic.

Mrs. Snurd

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Sat 13 Jun 2015 1:45 pm

Mrs. Snurd, after she shot it, gave it a great big hug and said, "It's mine". :shock: Nope. I told her she can buy one of her own. :lol2:

She likes it a lot. She noticed how awesome the trigger is immediately. She likes it how it feels in her hands. She shoots it really well too.

Putting our gear in the truck on the way out, she said that she likes it more than the Glocks. Mrs. Snurd really likes her Glocks, so that's saying a lot. It's possible that I may like the XDm better as well. Don't worry, I'm not getting rid of the Glocks. :wink:
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Thu 02 Jul 2015 1:44 pm

If anyone is looking for one of these, TSSWarehouse.com has them back in stock as of now. They sold out within two to three days last time they had them. As of this post, there were 10 in stock. All you need to do is order and pay for it. If you choose local pickup, they ship it to Tooele Shooting Supply in Tooele, and you can pick it up there with no extra charge. The warehouse can also ship it to your local FFL, but you will have to pay the transfer fee at your local shop.

I had a great experience out there in Tooele. It took a few days for the gun to get there. Once it did, they gave me a call to let me know it was there. I moseyed out, filled out the required form, and waited for the background check, and I was outta there. Fast and easy. They also saved me a bunch of money. Discount Guns 2 in Salt Lake has these listed for $669.99 on Utah Gun Exchange. TSS has them for $576.12.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 03 Jul 2015 7:25 am

I have nothing but good to say about TSS. If they have what you want in stock (or if you're prepared to wait), it's worth the little hike out to Tooele. It appears to me, from the items which I've followed, that his prices are consistently substantially below everyone else around this area. The "want" and "stock" have only come together once for me, so far, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.
Chad Smith (vendor)—very decent fellow :thumbsup:

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby D-FIN » Mon 06 Jul 2015 10:39 am

Just so you guys know TSS Wharehouse in reality is collection of info on what Tooele Shooting Supplies' suppliers are currently showing in stock. It is basically an special order service based on what he can get rather than what he actually has on hand. Still a great service and I nothing bad to say about Tooele Shooting Supply. Their prices always seem very fair. Plus I think they have really cheap transfer fees.

We just went out the Tooele with a co worker of Beth's who attended the UCC Concealed Carry Class last November to finally get her first gun. She was little nervous and not quite ready for the larger calibers. Bought a really nice S&W 351 PD 22 magnum revolver. Its a nice single/double action with nice wood grips.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Return to Firearms Reviews