Rowdy's range build

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Re: Rowdy's range build

Postby Paul » Thu 17 Mar 2016 4:20 pm

Love the red charging handle.
:thumbsup:
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby Doctor Jenks » Fri 18 Mar 2016 11:25 am

I would suggest selling the scope separate from the rifle, unless you're having trouble selling the rifle itself. In my experience, you end up getting less money for combo packages. It's too hard to find someone looking for that exact combination, so you end up getting lowball offers from people who don't want the scope and plan to replace it. Also, people just seem to expect a discount when buying a combo.

in regards to the rifle itself, I'm not familiar enough with the manufacturers and parts you used to even hazard a guess. How much did it cost you for the parts?
M&P 40 Pro
Doctor Jenks
Sharp Shooter

Postby J_dazzle23 » Fri 18 Mar 2016 8:03 pm

Doctor Jenks wrote:I would suggest selling the scope separate from the rifle, unless you're having trouble selling the rifle itself. In my experience, you end up getting less money for combo packages. It's too hard to find someone looking for that exact combination, so you end up getting lowball offers from people who don't want the scope and plan to replace it. Also, people just seem to expect a discount when buying a combo.

in regards to the rifle itself, I'm not familiar enough with the manufacturers and parts you used to even hazard a guess. How much did it cost you for the parts?

It cost about 1100 for parts. I'm thinking you are right when it comes to package vs scope separate. The scope retails at 280-350 by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J_dazzle23
Marksman

Previous

Return to Firearms Reviews