Lionheart Industries LH9N MKII

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Postby Snurd » Sat 26 Dec 2015 9:27 pm

Well here we are again. Another day, another review. :D This isn't supposed to be a huge in-depth review. There are a good number of reviews of it on Youtube, and probably all over the internet, but I wanted to share some of the things that I noticed.

My lovely wife gifted me the Lionheart Industries LH9N MKII for Christmas. This is a 9mm handgun. It's a gun that has been in the South Korean military for over 20 years. Over there it's called the Daewoo K5. The company may have changed names, but for this review, that doesn't really matter. Lionheart imports them and adds some nice features. Nice slide serrations, grips, Novak sights, and a really nice Cerakote. Mrs. Snurd picked the burnt bronze color for the frame. It looks pretty cool. There may be a few more upgrades they do, but that can be looked up on their site which is linked above.

The only thing that was a bit of a bother was the grips. Not all of the grips, but just the back part. They are sharper than I would like. I'm sure with a bit of tender love and care I can smooth the edges and make it quite nice. We shot 200 rounds, and I noticed the edges digging into my hand a bit. It wasn't awful, but it was annoying.

Now the parts that I really like. Well, that would be all of the other parts.

The sights are easy to pick up. On this model they are Novak sights. The rear sight is blacked out, and the front has a white dot. This is the first set of Novak sights that I've had, and I am impressed with them. The front sight is easy to find through the blacked out back sight.

The action is quite smooth. Cycling the slide feels like it's on bearings. It's awesome. The trigger is smooth and breaks clean. There isn't any grit or mushy feeling to it at all. The slide stop/slide release(whichever you prefer to call it) takes little effort to press down and load the handgun. I usually will rack the slide to chamber a round, but I decided to try the slide stop this range trip, and was quite pleased. Most guns of other makes are a bit stiff when it comes to the slide release. Others require you, your friend Ted, a donkey, and your choice of marsupial to get it to release the slide. The slide release on the LH9N MKII is crazy smooth.

Boy is this thing accurate too. It shoots like a dream. It didn't take long to get used to the trigger. One thing I did notice is that it has a 6 o'clock hold for the sights. So it shoots a bit higher than the top of the sights. That's fine with me, you just have to know that when you are shooting it.

Mrs. Snurd fired it first. She immediately wanted it to be hers. :shock:

We shot mostly at 5 yards, with my wife shooting a bit at 7 yards. Both of us were able to cut a playing card in half with it. I did it at 5 yards, and the Mrs. did it at 7. That's always fun. :thumbsup: Unfortunately the cards were launched down range, so we couldn't retrieve them and take pictures. There are a few pictures below that show some of the targets, and the LH9N MKII.

This ultra smooth pistol is very well made. Kudos to the South Korean manufacturer, and also to Lionheart Industries for making an incredible firearm.

**Edit:
I wanted to add the reason I wanted this pistol. People may think that this is just a regular pistol that looks slightly different than others. The main thing that intrigued me about it is the action. Once the gun is loaded, you can slowly lower the hammer like you would on a SIG or similar gun to give you a traditional long heavy trigger pull. It really is pretty heavy on this one, but most triggers that are similar really are. You can also shoot it in single action mode. This is where the trigger really shines as it is super smooth, and breaks really nice.

Then there is the Double Action Plus mode. This is where it really is different from any other gun I have seen or shot. Once the gun is loaded, the hammer is back and ready to fire in single action mode. You can then push the hammer forward (without pulling the trigger), and it sets the gun in Double Action Plus mode. The double action is super easy to pull and fire. With little effort, the hammer pulls all the way back, and the gun is back in its slick single action mode. It's very interesting, and a cool feature that I really like. This may be a bit confusing, so I will let The Military Arms Channel show you what it's like. They do a great review on the gun, and you can see more of the gun in the video than the pictures below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQYdVx7Oofo

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451190423.851472.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451190423.851472.jpg (112.12 KiB) Viewed 5631 times

5 shot groups.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451190413.617024.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451190413.617024.jpg (125.9 KiB) Viewed 5631 times

10 shot groups.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451190397.417075.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451190397.417075.jpg (118.98 KiB) Viewed 5631 times

Sent from iSnurd
Last edited by Snurd on Mon 28 Dec 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snurd
Posse

Re: Lionheart Industries LH9N MKII

Postby J_dazzle23 » Sat 26 Dec 2015 11:53 pm

I have always thought those were sweet firearms. What is the price range on those ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J_dazzle23
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sun 27 Dec 2015 8:25 am

J_dazzle23 wrote:I have always thought those were sweet firearms. What is the price range on those ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LH9 series starts at $675. That's retail I believe, so they might sell a little lower at dealers. The next models start at $749. The above listed pistol starts at $769. You can spend more than that by adding different sights. You can get the Novak sights added, Novak night sights, or fiber optics.

I think my wife said this one (LH9N MKII) listed for **$769, but she bought it on the Black Friday deal from their website. The LH9 was $399 on Black Friday. The other models were close to $200 off. They only go on sale once a year. Mrs. Snurd said she paid $589 for this on the Black Friday deal.

**edit for prices above
Last edited by Snurd on Sun 27 Dec 2015 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Sun 27 Dec 2015 9:42 pm

Mrs. Snurd told me what she paid. I updated the post above.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Mon 28 Dec 2015 10:31 am

I added an edit to the OP to let you know why I wanted the pistol, and a video from the Military Arms Channel that shows and explains the action of the handgun.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Tue 29 Dec 2015 2:09 pm

Put another 150 rounds through this little fella today. Three of my friends tried it out, and they all enjoyed shooting it. They really liked the grip and how it felt in their hands. They also liked how smooth the action was.
Snurd
Posse

Return to Firearms Reviews