Speedsights plus Apex trigger on Shield 9mm

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Re: Speedsights plus Apex trigger on Shield 9mm

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 16 Jan 2016 8:54 am

Snurd wrote:
Aad Geordie wrote:
However, my only experience of Tritium is on the Try folding battle sights for the rifle which are, to be honest, utterly useless. I shut my self in my furnace room in total darkness—couldn't find the sights! Eventually, by locating them with my fingers so I knew exactly where to look, I could just barely make out the rear circle.

I think you just needed to turn the rifle around so that you were looking at the back of the sights. :lol2:

Sent from iSnurd

:spit:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Sat 16 Jan 2016 10:19 am

:ROFL:

This could explain why the laser is so painful!
(and they said they were ambidextrous!)

... *Ouch*... just bumped into a wall again...
:shades:
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 17 Jan 2016 12:46 pm

Got the Speed Sights installed on my wife's M&P 9mm full-size yesterday and dialed them at the range today. She opted for the tritium's as well so as to maintain identical configurations. I love these sights. The point-of-aim (POA) and point-of-impact (POI) on both the M&P .40 S&W and her M&P 9mm are spot-on. This wasn't so with our old TruGlo TFO's.

With our TruGlo's the POA always had to be a smidgen (technical term) high in order to hit the desired POI. Thinking maybe it was just me, I validated this observation using a bench rest. So, I just got used to allowing for this at the range and during training, especially at longer distances. Well, with the Speed Sights that's not the case... aim for the bully's-eye, hit the bully's-eye. Sweet! :thumbsup:

Curse D-FIN and Snurd, though, for suggesting these sights as now I want to fork out more funds to put the non-tritiums on both our Shields. :crying:
Last edited by jfwright1955 on Sun 17 Jan 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Sun 17 Jan 2016 12:55 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:
Curse D-FIN and Snurd, though, for suggesting these sights as now I want to fork out more funds to put the non-tritiums on both our Shields. :crying:

It sucks getting more awesome gun accessories, doesn't it? :lol2:

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Mon 18 Jan 2016 11:38 am

Snurd wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:

Sent from iSnurd

So hard to endure jfwright1955 I'm sure...tell ya what you can punish me by buying me a set of these blasted upgrades for my Glock 26 then I can suffer with you.
Last edited by D-FIN on Mon 18 Jan 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 18 Jan 2016 12:46 pm

D-FIN wrote:
Snurd wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:

Sent from iSnurd

So hard to endure jfwright1955 I'm sure...tell ya what you can punish me by buying me a set of these blasted upgraded for my Glock 26 then I can suffer with you.

I knew I could count on you guys for understanding and support. :lol:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Previous

Return to Firearms Reviews