Sig vs. Beretta

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Sig vs. Beretta

Postby LanceW » Fri 01 Jan 2016 9:55 pm

I am looking to buy a new EDC. I recently retired from the Army and am very familiar with the Beretta M9. However, I think it's a bit on the big side for a concealed carry. I've seen the Beretta Storm, but haven't got to shoot it yet. I've also carried a Sig226 and really enjoy how well it shoots.

What is everyone's preference? Is the Beretta Storm comparable to the M9?
LanceW
Novice

Re: Sig vs. Beretta

Postby Snurd » Mon 04 Jan 2016 6:49 pm

LanceW wrote:I am looking to buy a new EDC. I recently retired from the Army and am very familiar with the Beretta M9. However, I think it's a bit on the big side for a concealed carry. I've seen the Beretta Storm, but haven't got to shoot it yet. I've also carried a Sig226 and really enjoy how well it shoots.

What is everyone's preference? Is the Beretta Storm comparable to the M9?

I had a PX4 Storm a while back when they first came out. It's lighter than the M9, since the frame is plastic. It is a very accurate gun. The interesting thing about it is the barrel rotates when it fires, instead of dropping down like a lot of other autos. It's very easy to disassemble. The model I had, the safety acted like a decocker.

I really like Sig as well. I had a P226 for a while, and also a P250 compact. I recently shot a P320 compact, which is the striker fired model of the P250. It's a sweet little gun. If I were to buy a Sig, the P320 compact would be the one I would buy.

I think both are great guns. There are others out there that are nice as well. You may want to head to a local store and handle a bunch and see what suits you.

I really like the Lionheart LH9 guns. I just did a review of it on this site. It's definitely worth a look.
Link to the Lionheart thread.
Snurd
Posse

Postby gunsrg8t » Fri 08 Jan 2016 2:54 pm

We had a Barretta Px4 for a while. Didn't like the safety/decocker. To much effort when drawing in a hurry. Great range gun or perhaps home protection, comfortable and easy to shoot.
I may end up a victim, but I won't be a helpless victim.
gunsrg8t
Marksman

Postby AlanM » Sun 10 Jan 2016 4:01 am

My current everyday carry is a Stoeger Cougar 8000 F which is a 9mm compact that holds 15+1.
The Stoegar is an exact duplicate of the Berretta Cougar.
Stoeger took the Berretta Cougar plant in Italy and moved it to Turkey.
The Cougar is an all metal gun and I have no love for polymer framed guns because I want the mass to help mitigate the gun's kick.
I've bought two of them so far.
That's because I gave my first one to my daughter as a college graduation present.

Holsters are a little hard to find but I got a really nice leather MTR paddle holster for $65 from Gunners Alley.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Return to Firearms Reviews