Ruger LC9S

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Ruger LC9S

Postby Wrangler_dave9 » Sat 06 Feb 2016 8:16 pm

I picked up a ruger LC9s about a week ago. This is to be my wife's carry gun once she gets her CFP. We had the chance to take it to the range yesterday. I was very impressed. The recoil was was very tame despite the pistol being so small. My wife and I put a total of a 50 rounds down range without any problems. My wife did feel like her pinky finger was being pinched in between the frame and the pinky extension mag plate as every new round was being chambered after she shot, but I did not experience this. We paid $412 otd from cal-ranch, which included the $7.50 background check for my wife since it will be hers. My only complaints are that it only comes with one magazine, with additional mags running $35+, and that no one makes good open carry (with retention features) holsters. For now, I'm carrying it in a simple blackhawk pocket holster until my wife can get her CFP.
Just another day in paradise.
Wrangler_dave9
Marksman

Re: Ruger LC9S

Postby RustyShackleford » Sat 06 Feb 2016 9:44 pm

Looked all over for the Like Button...then realized not on Facebook...so you and your wife get an atta-boy and an atta-girl!
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby stubby » Fri 19 Feb 2016 2:21 pm

Been carrying mine for 18 months+ nice little gun.
stubby
Novice

Postby Wrangler_dave9 » Sat 20 Feb 2016 3:00 am

stubby wrote:Been carrying mine for 18 months+ nice little gun.

Which holster/brand did you decide to go with? Just trying to see what all is out there.
Just another day in paradise.
Wrangler_dave9
Marksman

Return to Firearms Reviews