One gun, one accessory

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

One gun, one accessory

Postby Snurd » Wed 22 Jun 2016 5:57 pm

Getting ready for the Griffin Armament Checkmate QD suppressor to arrive, I decided to get a couple other accessories to go along with it.

One is a Ruger 10/22 Takedown with threaded barrel. This one came with a synthetic stock and black barrel. I thought about getting the regular 10/22 that is threaded, but decided to get the Takedown in case I wanted to take it camping or hiking or something. It comes in a bag that puts the two pieces in different compartments so they don't bang together. It weighs 4.6 pounds. It also came with a flash suppressor, which will be taken off when the suppressor arrives. Other specs can be found at the link above. It was $350+tax at Doug's Shoot'n Sports.

The other is a threaded barrel for our Browning Buckmark. It is a Tactical Solutions Trail-Lite 5.5" fluted barrel. I found it for a good price at Cheaper Than Dirt. $174.83. Usually that place is more expensive than gold, but this was a good deal.

The barrel took about 4 minutes to install. Pretty easy. Take the slide off the Buckmark, unscrew the barrel screw, take the original barrel off, and then reverse the process for the new barrel. I believe the Buckmark weighs about 34 ounces. The barrel is 13.25 ounces of that. The new TacSol barrel is 6 ounces. The Buckmark is noticeably lighter.

Before:

After:

I haven't shot either yet. I need to sight both of them in. Hopefully in the next few days we can get to the range and test them out.
Snurd
Posse

Re: One gun, one accessory

Postby SirGentleman » Thu 23 Jun 2016 11:19 am

I also got the Take-Down, but mine is chrome on the barrel. It's a fun little gun. Good choice.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams
SirGentleman
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Thu 23 Jun 2016 3:15 pm

SirGentleman wrote:I also got the Take-Down, but mine is chrome on the barrel. It's a fun little gun. Good choice.

We have a 10/22 with a wood stock. It's a grea gun. The Takedown model seems pretty cool. Super easy to take apart and put together.
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Fri 24 Jun 2016 1:57 pm

I would have gone with the take own as well. have you seen the new takedown lite? I think TSS has them. Or you could get one of these http://innovativearms.com/portfolio/102 ... n-integral or one of these for the pistol ;) http://innovativearms.com/portfolio/rmk ... -integral/

Now you can do the SilencerCo Quiet Riot next year.....
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Fri 24 Jun 2016 2:45 pm

I did see the Lite version. I didn't go that route since it doesn't come with sights. I like the iron sights. I may get a scope or something down the road, but guns should come with iron sights. Integral suppressor would be cool too, but not for that price. Especially for a .22 can.
Snurd
Posse

Return to Firearms Reviews