CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1

Postby Snurd » Mon 26 Dec 2016 7:59 pm

Mrs. Snurd was very nice and allowed me to buy a CZ Scorpion for Christmas. I've been looking at them a while, and when Black Friday rolled around, The Armory had them on sale for $699.99. Mrs. Snurd was like, "Let's go get it". So we rushed over there and did just that. Sadly, since it was a Christmas present, I wasn't allowed to open it until yesterday.

From videos that I have watched, there were some things that people recommended adding, or changing. I ordered a Savvy Sniper Sling from Copper Custom Armament, a couple QD sling mounts from Parker Mountain Machine, and rail covers to keep my hand from being destroyed by the side and bottom rails on the front.

I knew the safety switches would have to be replaced based on videos, but the gun money had been spent. A family member gifted some bucks to me, and it was what I needed for the safeties. I looked at a bunch, but not all were easy to find in stock, so I ordered some of Apex Tactical's safety levers.

The gun is fairly hefty, weighing in around 5lbs. Big for a pistol, but I know it's meant to be an SBR, so that will be fine for when I go for the tax stamp. The sights are easy to use. The front is a post much like an AR type, and the back is a peep sight. It has 4 different sizes of holes to choose from. Handy. It came with two 10 round mags, and all the other stuff guns come with, except for the case. It came in a cardboard box, so I'll have to get a case for it. No biggie.

For Christmas I was also gifted some mags for it. Two 20 rounders, and two 30 rounders. I should be set there for a while. One really nice thing about the mags, is that they cost under $20 for any of the three sizes mentioned above. That's amazing. :D

Handling the Scorpion before shooting it, you can tell the safeties will dig into your finger. When shooting it, you feel much pain. You have to make dang sure your hand is low enough to keep away from it. That pulls you away from the optimal grip situation. So getting new safety levers, or a safety delete on this gun is a must. The safety delete can be bought for either side depending on which one you want to get rid of. For right handed shooters, that's the right side that needs to go. I decided that I might as well change both out in case we ever shoot it lefty, or have a lefty shoot it.

It has a decent amount of recoil for how heavy it is. It's not a big issue, but it is notable. I'm sure with a stock it would be a non issue.

The Scorpion comes with a flash hider, which is pretty much useless, but it's there anyway. Underneath that there is a thread protector on the barrel. Take that off and it has 1/2x28 threads for a suppressor. :dancing: I really love that part. Some of the earlier versions had metric threads, so I'm super happy this one is 1/2x28. Our suppressors fit on there quite nicely. :D

The trigger is pretty stiff. At some point I may put in lighter springs to bring down the trigger pull.

This thing is very easy to take apart. To clean or just field strip it, you take out the mag, then lock the bolt back, and pull one pin, and the lower portion hinges down and pulls off. Then the bolt pulls right out. Simple. Really simple.

I haven't had a lot of time behind the Scorpion yet, but I plan on changing that. It's fun to shoot, especially suppressed.

Here are a couple pics.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Re: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1

Postby D-FIN » Thu 29 Dec 2016 2:52 pm

When the range review day? I might swing by and take couple shots.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Thu 29 Dec 2016 3:17 pm

D-FIN wrote:When the range review day? I might swing by and take couple shots.

By sure when I'll have time to get out again. I'll let you know when I do.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Tue 03 Jan 2017 12:54 pm

Snurd wrote:

Sent from iSnurd

Welcome to Fatherhood! :wink:
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Tue 03 Jan 2017 2:39 pm

D-FIN wrote:
Snurd wrote:

Sent from iSnurd

Welcome to Fatherhood! :wink:

Thanks. :)

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Return to Firearms Reviews