Utah Guns Forum banner

Be sure to vote

6K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  DaKnife 
#1 ·
If you have not already done so, be sure to vote.

Mail in ballots must be POSTMARKED by today, Monday, 07 November, in order to be counted. Dropping them in a mail box tonight will not get that done unless the post office clearly advertises that it is staying open late to do late postmarks.

Or, they can be dropped off tomorrow, Tuesday, at several drop off locations.

Alternatively, you can vote in person at several locations tomorrow.

Regardless of who you think is best (or least bad) for President, be sure to cast your votes for down ticket races including our congressional races and State legislative races.

Mia Love vs Doug Owens is probably the most competitive of the 5 federal races this year. It is my opinion that almost any Democrat we would send to DC right now would be bad for RKBA in terms of increasing the power of the national Democrats in Congress.

Charles

#4 ·
dewittdj said:
I voted a straight ticket... for the NRA endorsed candidate.
The NRA has 'endorsed' some real trolls in previous elections and continues that pattern in this one. Not saying that ALL NRA endorsed candidates are trollish---- just some. I do look at those endorsed but this endorsement is NOT my only criteria for determining my vote!

#5 ·
JoeSparky said:
dewittdj said:
I voted a straight ticket... for the NRA endorsed candidate.
The NRA has 'endorsed' some real trolls in previous elections and continues that pattern in this one. Not saying that ALL NRA endorsed candidates are trollish---- just some. I do look at those endorsed but this endorsement is NOT my only criteria for determining my vote!
exactly this is how i use the NRA as a guide to eliminate the hidden ones i didn't know about

#9 ·
Personally, I couldn't quite bring myself to vote for Donald "Blabbermouth" Trump, so I sighed and wrote in Rand Paul for the top slot. Still, now that "The Donald" has evidently pulled off a miracle, I find myself sighing instead with pure relief. We dodged a bullet there, folks.

#12 ·
Snurd said:
According to Google, HRC had the popular vote. But still lost.
One does have to wonder how many of the votes cast for her were by those not eligible to vote.

And even at current counts (not yet finalized), she did not obtain a majority of the vote, only a slightly larger plurality than did Trump. Third party candidates prevented either Hillary or Trump from getting a majority of the popular vote. These third party candidates carried the margin of victory in a dozen States this year.

Charles

#13 ·
Votes are still being counted but as of 11/12/2016 it stands at:
Clinton: 60,467,601 (50.16%)
Trump: 60,072,551 (49.84%)
Gap: 395,050

Still, it's a far cry from the 2+ million the media was touting right after the election at which time all she had was a 100,000 vote lead in the popular vote. As usual the media exaggerated the gap to help add fuel to the fire of unease and unrest.

#14 ·
Be sure not to miss the brilliant essay from "Dystopic":

[....]

Friends, this was the Hail Mary pass. With the media, education, and cultural centers of power firmly in the hands of the Left, with Donald Trump facing headwind from his own party (some of it not without justification), with the Hillary machine awash in cash, and the entire world lined up to support her… the game was ending. We were down 7, the referees lined up against us, and the crowd was booing. The QB lobbed a Hail Mary down the field, in one last attempt to tie the game…

…and it connected to one Donald J. Trump.

I've never seen a fight like this. Every possible weapon that could be deployed against Trump was used. Scandals made up out of nothings. Media hit pieces from both Left and Right, corruption at the highest levels, cheating from DNC and CNN. Personal attacks were constant, the bleating of sheep omnipresent.

Racism! Sexism! Homophobia!

The shouts were constant, the language always the same. Toward the end of the election, my head hurt from it. I could close my eyes and hear the accusations, like a song stuck in your head.

[....]

Folks, this was so close to the end, I could almost see the bottom. A 1% demographic shift would have delivered this whole thing to Hillary. I felt we were a hair's breadth from Kurt Schlichter's People's Republic, where Civil War or Venezuelan-level corruptocracy were the only possibilities left for America.

Love or hate Donald Trump, he saved us from that, at least. For awhile, anyway.

A lot of us on the Right didn't like him. Many still don't. But that matters not. What does matter is that we have some time, and we need to use every second of it, because we won't get another chance. This is it, the final chance to turn the Titanic around before the iceberg.

[....]
http://thedeclination.com/trump-the-hai ... connected/

#15 ·
In the Utah governor's race, I voted for crazy Dell.

I think Herbert is a better leader but I'm still not happy with his veto of constitutional carry.

#16 ·
MarshallDodge said:
In the Utah governor's race, I voted for crazy Dell.

I think Herbert is a better leader but I'm still not happy with his veto of constitutional carry.
I was with you on this one Marshall. Did the same.

#17 ·
Ditto though I went for the Libertarian candidate, but Dell was tempting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.