Utah Guns Forum banner

Is your mobile browsing on UCC better or worse now?

• Better

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Worse

Votes: 12 80.0%

UCC poll about change for easier (a little) mobile browsing

10K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  thering 
#1 ·
In response to this thread, I've made one small change to the forum software at UCC. I changed it to bypass the style sheet if the software thinks that the browser is on a mobile device (e.g. iPhone, Blackberry, etc). This possibly makes it a little easier to browse UCC on these devices.

The purpose of the poll is to find out -- ONLY FROM USERS WHO ACTUALLY USE MOBILE DEVICES TO BROWSE UCC -- whether or not the change makes their experience better or worse. The poll will remain open for 7 days. Based on what I learn here, I might back out this change.

Thanks...

EDITED to change to a seven day poll.

#2 ·
It's definitely different. On the new posts page, there are a couple numbers below the names of the people that make the post. I'm guessing that those are the numbers of replies and views on the topic, but it doesn't specify anymore. The blue background is gone, and it's all white. Other than that, it seems to act about the same on the mobile devices that I'm using. iPad and Android phone.

#8 ·
It makes for harder reading on my POS cell phone. It is easier on the reply and personal options pages.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's mine from Motorola Droid, running a v2.2 rooted kernel:
screenshot.png

It's ugly for sure, but I think we're on the right track. Since the CSS can be disabled for mobile device user agents, someone just needs to come up with a good replacement style sheet that can be loaded for those devices.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.