Utah Guns Forum banner

"Scoring" on caseing and Bullet

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  gobbly 
#1 ·
My Glock 22 Gen 4 is scoring lines down the caseing and bullet. I'm assuming that its happening when i chamber the round. I have rotated rounds that are being chambered and it has happened on multiple rounds. Feels like there is a tiny "lip" at the end of the ramp on my barrell. Anyone have any ideas? I haven't actually shot it yet. Money is tight and i bought it with funds from another sell and had enough cash for my carry ammo. Could it be because its new?

#3 ·
SpringfieldGuy said:
My Glock 22 Gen 4 is scoring lines down the caseing and bullet. I'm assuming that its happening when i chamber the round.
I would figure out that pronto. Knowing if it is occurring during chambering, or firing can really help to reduce culprits. Another thing to do is to place a round in the chamber and drop the slide, vs feeding a round from the magazine.

I'm not sure what's going on here without more info, but the fact remains that mass produced guns are basically assembly lines and things get missed and workmanship can be spotty. Good QA/QC can catch a lot of that, but it's not perfect. It's always a good idea to look over the machining on any firearm you procure, and to smooth things with emery cloth or stones as needed.

#5 ·
if it is a bur on the ramp or chamber I am sure you could knock it down realy easy with a dremel. But without being hands on and not being a gunsmith I wouldnt really know, but if it was just a bur in the areas described I would probably take care of it myself with a dremel.

#7 ·
Cheyenne20 said:
This is why a Springfieldguy should not own Glocks.... :lol3:
Lol. My first handgun of my own was a springfield. I bought a new glock 22 to familiarise myself with it. I'm planning on going through the police academy and have conformed to glock ownership per the LEO's in Utah usually all require or issue glocks.

#9 ·
Looks to me like it's just a stiff spring. Nickle-coated casings will always show abuse a little more than brass casings will, and the springs in .40-caliber Glocks are quite stiff through the first couple hundred rounds.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you notice any failures when you do fire the gun, the lip on the feed ramp that you talked about might be worth considering as the culprit. I'd be very surprised if it causes feeding problems, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.