I have been assimilated

Write reviews about the weapons you own. If a person has already written a review, add your own observations. This is an opportunity to help others in their buying decisions.

Re: I have been assimilated

Postby faydee » Wed 13 Jun 2012 1:41 pm

I really like the Gen4 over Gen3 have you shot many of the Gen4... maybe that will help.

If you have shot it a lot and are still not comfortable for you them maybe unfortunately it is not for you with out a LOT of work on fixing mechanics to make it instinctive but I feel that may mess with other pistols you shoot... *shrug*

I have a Gen4 17 that you are welcome to shoot as amny rounds as you wnt to buy if i get to go with you and shoot a few ;)
Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sniper

I have been assimilated

Postby Snurd » Wed 13 Jun 2012 3:32 pm

It didn't take very long for me to get used to the grip angle of the Glock. It was well worth the minimal effort.

(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse

Postby gongo » Thu 14 Jun 2012 8:57 pm

Yeah, I used to think it was my fault, then I shot a CZ 75 SP-01... and fell in love. A much heavier gun than any Glock, that's for sure, but I was just making a single ragged hole out of the bulls at 10+ yards. I shoot well with a Beretta 92FS too.
Different guns suit different people I guess.
Lots of people like light-weight polymer guns.
Maybe I'm not gripping tightly or something but I tend to prefer larger, heavier, metal guns.
I don't ever carry anyway, so it's not much of a problem now, but last year I was seriously considering a Glock 19 for every day carry (weight savings is HUGE when it has to live on your hip all day...). I eventually decided that I don't feel the need to carry everywhere I go, and with that my interest in Glock waned significantly. :dunno:

EDIT: It's kinda silly that I feel the need to clarify this, but I wouldn't want to offend fellow shooters of the House of Glock.
I'm not anti-Glock and I have no beef with "plastic guns". I think it's awesome we can use high-tech plastics and polymers in firearms. I just shoot better with longer barreled heavy duty pistols (even the Glock 17 is only 4.5" barrel). I've never shot a 17L/24 but I'm sure it would be fun.
gongo
Marksman

Postby dewittdj » Thu 14 Jun 2012 9:31 pm

B Cart wrote:Congrats on your new Glock! Maybe you guys can help me out, because I’m still on the other side here…

First I want to point out that I think the Glock 19 is pretty much the gold standard of reliable concealed carry pistols in my opinion. That being said, I really WANT to like Glocks, but I just can’t seem to fall in love with them. I’m not anti-Glock by any means, but I have shot many Glocks, including taking a Glock 19 through a 3-day class, and I just don’t like grip angle at all. It’s too bad really, because I wanted to buy a polymer 9mm for concealed carry and I really wanted a Glock 19 to fill that role.

I know people say the grip angle issue is overblown, but after shooting multiple Glocks, I always shoot high with them when shooting instinctively. If I am static shooting and I really focus on angling the gun lower and getting the sights perfectly lined up, I can shoot well with it. The problem is, I mainly train with more instinctive type shooting (drawing and engaging, shooting on the move, multiple threats, etc.) where I am focusing on the threat and the front sight instead of meticulously trying to line up the front and rear sights, and when I shoot instinctively, the grip angle on the Glocks always points high for me.

Did you guys ever feel like this before you started liking Glocks? I have put about 700+ rounds through Glocks over the years (in 9mm, .40, and .45), but maybe I need to give them another try. I think Glocks are probably one of the best all around conceal carry pistols available, and I really wished I shot them better so I could feel good about buying one. :lol:

I own an older, full size, 9mm Glock (Gen II) and it performs flawlessly. But I don't like it as much as my Beretta or Ruger. I've run it through several competitions, it shoots very accurately and has never had an ammo or gun malfunction in any of the competitions, while individuals running guns costing thousands more, have had multiple problems. I'd feel comfortable betting my life on one but would rather have one of my "favorites" in a pinch.

Carry the gun that fits you best and the one that you can accurately and dependably rely on to get the job done.
For some, :ack: , that can even be a Taurus!!! :wink:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby PrimarchBentley » Fri 15 Jun 2012 2:38 pm

gongo wrote:Yeah, I used to think it was my fault, then I shot a CZ 75 SP-01... and fell in love. A much heavier gun than any Glock, that's for sure, but I was just making a single ragged hole out of the bulls at 10+ yards. I shoot well with a Beretta 92FS too.
Maybe I'm not gripping tightly or something but I tend to prefer larger, heavier, metal guns.

+1

A Glock just isn't a "fit" for me. But a CZ-75 is heaven in my hand (especially when I picked up my first gen). And I feel better with my daily CC being all-steel (Polish P-64), putting up with her disadvantages for reliability and the security of mind she gives me...
"Rights of the people that are not exercised on a regular basis, have a bad habit of being taken away from the people."
PrimarchBentley
Marksman

Postby jktseug » Fri 15 Jun 2012 3:01 pm

:lol:
PrimarchBentley wrote:
gongo wrote:Yeah, I used to think it was my fault, then I shot a CZ 75 SP-01... and fell in love. A much heavier gun than any Glock, that's for sure, but I was just making a single ragged hole out of the bulls at 10+ yards. I shoot well with a Beretta 92FS too.

+1

A Glock just isn't a "fit" for me. But a CZ-75 is heaven in my hand (especially when I picked up my first gen). And I feel better with my daily CC being all-steel (Polish P-64), putting up with her disadvantages for reliability and the security of mind she gives me...

I really like my CZ-SP01, it does feel very comfortable... but I am confused, what disadvantage does the CZ-75 give you? Other than being heavy I can't imagine any...
"Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy."
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
Robert A. Heinlein
jktseug
Expert Marksman

Postby My Trigger Guard » Sat 16 Jun 2012 1:28 pm

Don't worry about the assimilation concerns, Riker was able to rescue Picard and after the implants are removed they heal very well with modern medicine. Putting down the cool-aid is generaly considered the first step.

Congrats on your arms, as long as your happy with them is all that matters.
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
BCI Utah Concealed Firearms Instructor

Http://MyTriggerguard.Com/
Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.
Banjamin Franklin
My Trigger Guard
Sharp Shooter

Postby Hawk87 » Sat 16 Jun 2012 1:41 pm

My Trigger Guard wrote:Don't worry about the assimilation concerns, Riker was able to rescue Picard and after the implants are removed they heal very well with modern medicine. Putting down the cool-aid is generaly considered the first step.

But I like the cool-aid...
All it takes for evil to succeed in the world is for good men to do nothing
Hawk87
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Sat 16 Jun 2012 1:49 pm

Hawk87 wrote:
My Trigger Guard wrote:Don't worry about the assimilation concerns, Riker was able to rescue Picard and after the implants are removed they heal very well with modern medicine. Putting down the cool-aid is generaly considered the first step.

"Liking" the cool-aid may be a function of desire or addiction!
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Hawk87 » Sat 16 Jun 2012 3:01 pm

JoeSparky wrote:
Hawk87 wrote:

"Liking" the cool-aid may be a function of desire or addiction!

*standing up* My name is Dexter, and I am addicted to Glocks (and associated cool-aid), AND I LIKE IT. :mrgreen:
Hawk87
Sniper

Postby My Trigger Guard » Sat 16 Jun 2012 5:34 pm

:lol3:
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
BCI Utah Concealed Firearms Instructor

Http://MyTriggerguard.Com/
Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.
Banjamin Franklin
My Trigger Guard
Sharp Shooter

Postby JoeSparky » Sat 16 Jun 2012 6:53 pm

Hawk87 wrote:
"standing up* My name is Dexter, and I am addicted to Glocks (and associated cool-aid), AND I LIKE IT. :mrgreen:

But are you willing to do whatever it takes to control this addiction and be in control of your life instead of letting the Glock's and Kool-aid control you? If you are not, you are doomed to failure! Without indicating that you want to change you're just "bragging"!
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Jesse 8 » Sat 16 Jun 2012 9:14 pm

And because you can't handle your addiction, I suggest that the best thing for you is to let me hold onto your Glocks until such a time as you have regained control over your dark side koolaid problem. (To be determined by me of course!)
The fight will not be the way you want it to be. The fight will be the way it is. You must be flexible enough to adapt. -Unknown

Incoming fire has the right of way
Jesse 8
Expert Marksman

Postby Hawk87 » Sat 16 Jun 2012 10:24 pm

Jesse 8 wrote:And because you can't handle your addiction, I suggest that the best thing for you is to let me hold onto your Glocks until such a time as you have regained control over your dark side koolaid problem. (To be determined by me of course!)

My precious, you cannot has it!
Hawk87
Sniper

Postby Jesse 8 » Sat 16 Jun 2012 10:28 pm

Hahaha!
The fight will not be the way you want it to be. The fight will be the way it is. You must be flexible enough to adapt. -Unknown

Incoming fire has the right of way
Jesse 8
Expert Marksman

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms Reviews