LACs foil robbery in SC

Guns are often featured in the news media. Here you can post links to such news items and discuss them.

LACs foil robbery in SC

Postby gravedancer » Thu 28 Jan 2016 12:21 am

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/01/27 ... llance.wis

Group of guys is robbing a barber shop in South Carolina, but 2 of the customers were legally carrying, and shot at the perps, fatally wounding one of them.
http://bit.ly/2vHUiug will get you around the auto filtering of the domain on this site
gravedancer
Sniper

Re: LACs foil robbery in SC

Postby AlanM » Thu 28 Jan 2016 5:50 am

Update:
Suspect Killed in Barbershop Shooting Identified

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - The man who was killed during a shooting at a Columbia barbershop last Friday night has been identified.

Richland County Coroner Gary Watts says 35-year-old Adeyemi Hershelle Hannibal was shot around 7 p.m. at the Next Up Barber and Beauty on Fort Jackson Boulevard, across the street from the Cross Hill shopping plaza.
Hannibal's last address was in New Jersey, and Watts said he hasn't been able to find his family yet.

It still (and always will) bugs be when a perpetrator is called a "suspect". I don't suspect him of doing the crime. There's video of him doing it.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby JoeSparky » Thu 28 Jan 2016 11:30 am

AlanM wrote:Update:
Suspect Killed in Barbershop Shooting Identified

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - The man who was killed during a shooting at a Columbia barbershop last Friday night has been identified.

Richland County Coroner Gary Watts says 35-year-old Adeyemi Hershelle Hannibal was shot around 7 p.m. at the Next Up Barber and Beauty on Fort Jackson Boulevard, across the street from the Cross Hill shopping plaza.
Hannibal's last address was in New Jersey, and Watts said he hasn't been able to find his family yet.

It still (and always will) bugs be when a perpetrator is called a "suspect". I don't suspect him of doing the crime. There's video of him doing it.

Since to date "suspect" has not been convicted in a court of law the perpetrator is ONLY a "suspect"---- that old "innocent until proven guilty" thing. Wouldn't you hate to have been labeled as a thief, burglar, rapist, or "bad guy" only to be proven not guilty at trial---- how would you get your reputation back? :dunno:
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby UtahJarhead » Thu 28 Jan 2016 2:44 pm

I, also, get annoyed at it, but I should not. As Joe said, there's a 5th Amendment and I'm not guilty of anything until after the trial.

Doesn't mean I won't call someone a scumbag kiddie rapist if they're caught behind the barn diddling a kid and dad beats him to death when he finds him and then applaud the dad.
DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby JoeSparky » Thu 28 Jan 2016 4:01 pm

UtahJarhead wrote:I, also, get annoyed at it, but I should not. As Joe said, there's a 5th Amendment and I'm not guilty of anything until after the trial.

Doesn't mean I won't call someone a scumbag kiddie rapist if they're caught behind the barn diddling a kid and dad beats him to death when he finds him and then applaud the dad.

I also claim the Right to defend self, family, or anyone else from ANY unlawful assault----hopefully, while remaining within the "reasonable man" criteria. :swat:
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Return to Guns in the News