Utah Guns Forum banner

2017 Kickoff Dinner

22K views 53 replies 10 participants last post by  Karl 
#1 ·
It's been a while since we have had a get together. My wife and I have been in contact with Wallaby"s and they are good with having an event there. The location would be in Sandy in what used to be the old quarry; 9228 S Village Shop Drive Sandy, UT 84092. Best case scenario is for a Tuesday night. I am thinking of the last Tuesday of January, the 31st, to give time for everyone who wants to attend the opportunity to prepare for attending. They are open until 9 pm. and I would look at 7 pm as a start time, of course you can always come earlier. I would need to contact them with number of people planning on coming so they can be sure to have enough staff on hand to accommodate or needs.

This event will be optional open or concealed carry, I will be contacting the open carry people trough Facebook as well. let's start the year off right and get reacquainted and eat some great BBQ in the process!

If this sounds good to you be sure to respond here with how many you will be coming with and I will need a final tally by January 20th.

#27 ·
Snurd said:
Karl said:
Don't go crying away just because I pointed out how Scalia disagrees with Bumpylight.

I won't bite you.

And Bumpylight already said he is not coming.
Yay really need to stop being a jerk to people on this forum, Karl. It's unacceptable.

Sent from iSnurd
What's your definition? Pointing out that their views are inconsistent with US Supreme Court Justices who are pro-gun?

Pointing out that their incessant verbose repetitions are indicative of Alzheimer's?

Explaining that there are pro's and con's to everything on this Earth whether they like it or not?

Which one is your definition?

#28 ·
Karl said:
Snurd said:
Karl said:
Don't go crying away just because I pointed out how Scalia disagrees with Bumpylight.

I won't bite you.

Yay really need to stop being a jerk to people on this forum, Karl. It's unacceptable.

Sent from iSnurd
What's your definition? Pointing out that their views are inconsistent with US Supreme Court Justices who are pro-gun?

Pointing out that their incessant verbose repetitions are indicative of Alzheimer's?

Explaining that there are pro's and con's to everything on this Earth whether they like it or not?

Go back and read any of your posts, and it's quite clear.

Sent from iSnurd

#29 ·
Snurd said:

Sent from iSnurd
That's called "shifting the burden". It is a fallacy according to the rules of NCAA debate and of logic and philosophy.

You have the burden to justify what you said. You cannot shift the burden.

So which is your definition? I gave you a list to make it easy on you. Go ahead and pick one or several.

#30 ·
Karl said:
Snurd said:

Sent from iSnurd
That's called "shifting the burden". It is a fallacy according to the rules of NCAA debate and of logic and philosophy.

You have the burden to justify what you said. You cannot shift the burden.

So which is your definition. I gave you a list to make it easy on you. Go ahead and pick one or several.
Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.

Sent from iSnurd

#31 ·
Snurd said:
Karl said:
Actually it's not called shifting the burden. Whether you think so or not, you are being a jerk to many people on this forum. Reading your posts makes it quite clear that you have no respect for anyone here.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd you sound like a very argumentative person that does not understand logic very well.

If you want more customers for your shooting classes you probably should clean up your act.

And note that there are only 3 things any man needs to do:

1 - pay taxes;

2 - draw quickly;

3 - shoot straight.

Just some friendly advice.

You are of course entitled to your opinions but you know about how opinions all stink right?

#32 ·
Snurd said:

Sent from iSnurd
He's intentionally winding you up, Snurd. Resist the urge to engage or else you'll fall right into his trap.

#33 ·
jfwright1955 said:
Snurd said:

Sent from iSnurd
He's intentionally winding you up, Snurd. Resist the urge to engage or else you'll fall right into his trap.
What is the trap here fellows?

That Scalia has come out and clearly defined "bear arms" as coming to the defense rather than wearing in public?

That Scalia has come out and clearly allowed the States to regulate public carry outside the home?

That state constitutional carry has pro's and con's?

That walking into a restaurant that posts no-carry with your open carried firearm is both ignorant and ludicrous?

Which one? Take your pick of one or several. I have tried to make this easy for you.

#36 ·
sypher said:
Karl,
the way you are winning over friends, it may be a lonely dinner for you, but you're probably used to that already! If you would truly like to make it easy for everyone, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Oh Sypher my dear unknown friend, with such a large crowd of ... (you know what's) I may just skip the dinner.

I am not really an open carry person anyway.

I much prefer concealed carry. The only disadvantage to concealed is that it takes a quarter to half a second longer to draw. Meanwhile your gun is safe from prying eyes, it's harder for someone to grab it away from you, and you don't make anybody nervous with it concealed.

There are pro's and con's to everything. This is a concept that most people on this website apparently have trouble grasping intellectually. I can't tell what is causing this here. Maybe they're down-winder's and it has decreased their I/Q's. Don't know. Just guessing.

Cinhill, please take me off the list, or give my seat to someone else buddy. Thanks.

#38 ·
Let's get back on topic here. This post is for the upcoming dinner on Jan. 31st from 7-9 pm. Let's get back on topic and if you are going let me know, let's not clog this post with banter which may best be used on another/newer post. Let's keep this post free so people don't have to sort through everything to obtain, or provide the information this post is for. Thanks!

#40 ·
I was hoping to make it this year (for the first time) but had held off from saying "yes" as I was hoping a recent knee injury was going to heal by itself. As it turns out it's surgery time instead. Bummer. The doc's instructed me to limit movement in the interim so as to contain the damage. :crying:

Hope folks attending have fun. Save me a doggy bag. :eat:

#41 ·
jfwright1955 said:
I was hoping to make it this year (for the first time) but had held off from saying "yes" as I was hoping a recent knee injury was going to heal by itself. As it turns out it's surgery time instead. Bummer. The doc's instructed me to limit movement in the interim so as to contain the damage. :crying:

Do you walk around while eating? They do have seats available for those who prefer not to wander while munching food. :lol2:

Sent from iSnurd

#42 ·
Snurd said:
jfwright1955 said:

Do you walk around while eating? They do have seats available for those who prefer not to wander while munching food. :lol2:

Sent from iSnurd
What a smart-aleck. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, Snurdly.

I've got a severely torn meniscus so got to limit movement (not like that's a problem) such as getting in and out of a car, no load-bearing activities, etc., until it's fixed. Heck, I may not even be able to go to the range until it's all better (now that's a stretch, I think) so I'll be sitting in my favorite chair with my SIRT pistol shooting at stuff on the TV for awhile.
:sheriff:

#43 ·
jfwright1955 said:
Snurd said:
jfwright1955 said:

Sent from iSnurd
What a smart-aleck. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, Snurdly.

I've got a severely torn meniscus so got to limit movement (not like that's a problem) such as getting in and out of a car, no load-bearing activities, etc., until it's fixed. Heck, I may not even be able to go to the range until it's all better (now that's a stretch, I think) so I'll be sitting in my favorite chair with my SIRT pistol shooting at stuff on the TV for awhile.
:sheriff:
That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. Get better already. :D

Sent from iSnurd

#44 ·
When you arrive be certain to let the people working there know you are with this group.

#45 ·
Karl said:
Snurd said:
Karl said:

I won't bite you.

Sent from iSnurd

It has nothing to do with your opinions but that fact that you act like everything you say is absolute gospel with no room for anything else and the fact that you run overtop of everyone who disagrees with you like they are **** on your shoes. you don't know anyone here yet you act like you know everything and everything you know should be assumed true and believed by everyone else. I would be smart to get to know the people you have joined before go around telling them off and assuming they don't know anything when we know they happen to have years and years of valuable experience and trust built up here. We welcome new people here but you have come in from day one and instead of being part of this community you proceeded to attack everyone in it who does not agree with you.

#46 ·
Karl said:
Snurd said:
Karl said:

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd you sound like a very argumentative person that does not understand logic very well.

If you want more customers for your shooting classes you probably should clean up your act.

And note that there are only 3 things any man needs to do:

1 - pay taxes;

2 - draw quickly;

3 - shoot straight.

Just some friendly advice.

You are of course entitled to your opinions but you know about how opinions all stink right?
Case in Point. You don't know Snurd or anything about his teaching skills and experience yet you attack those skills because he has called you out on your bull****.

#47 ·
Karl said:
jfwright1955 said:
Snurd said:

Sent from iSnurd
What is the trap here fellows?

That Scalia has come out and clearly defined "bear arms" as coming to the defense rather than wearing in public?

That Scalia has come out and clearly allowed the States to regulate public carry outside the home?

That state constitutional carry has pro's and con's?

That walking into a restaurant that posts no-carry with your open carried firearm is both ignorant and ludicrous?

Which one? Take your pick of one or several. I have tried to make this easy for you.
And Scalia is God now. Just because he was a Right leaning judge doesn't mean every one has to bow down and believe what he says. He was one judge of many and everyone of them had a different opinion. We are unfortunately obligated to to live by the consensus of the court but that does not in and of itself make the court ruling right or just. The court has the power to force interpretation of the constitution as law and yes we follow that law. That does not mean we agree that here on and forever that is how it should be. We have been and will always be fighting to keep the 2A as uninfringed on as possible. Regardless of anything Scalia or anyone else says the 2A still says "the right of the people to KEEP and BEAR arms, shall not be INFRINGED."

Walking into a restaurant that posts no-carry with your open carried firearm is a personal choice to be made each individual and any repercussions of doing so is solely on that individual. Those repercussions are an evaluated risk by the individual and here is Utah the risk is small and easy to understand. If caught and you are asked to leave then you leave. If you do not and cause a fuss then you may be charged with Trespass. If you are willing to risk having to leave in the middle of your meal then so what.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.